How long will the Microblading Appointment take?
For the majority of clients, Microblading will take approximately one to two hours from start to finish.
How to prepare for your Microblading Appointment
- Two weeks prior to your Microblading appointment please avoid chemical peels, Botox, fillers and retinoids, (and 30 days post appointment) avoid laser and or dermabrasion of any type.
- One week prior to your appointment please avoid excess sun exposure and do not tan.
- 24-hours prior to your appointment it is recommended that you do not drink alcohol, take aspirin, Ibuprofen, niacin, Omega 3 (fish oil) or Vitamin E.
- On the DAY of your appointment do NOT drink coffee or anything that contains caffeine as it may cause bleeding.
- Your skin MUST NOT be in the process of healing when getting a Microblading treatment. So you need to wait 6 months AFTER you’re done with your Accutane treatment before having Microblading done on your brows.
Do all eyebrows require a Touch-up Appointment?
YES. But not before and only AFTER 6-8 weeks Post-Microblading can your Touch-up appointment be scheduled. Microblading requires a second touch up appointment, all client’s skin is different and receives the ink differently. It’s impossible to accurately predict how a pigment will be affected by a client’s undertones. So please book your Touch-up appointment 6-8 weeks following your Microblading appointment.
What to expect at your Touch-up Appointment
During the Touch-up Appointment I will fill in any missing hair strokes, fill out the shape of the eyebrow as necessary, touch up any light spots, and assess how the skin has reacted to the Microblading process and the chosen color. I make a note of the client’s pigment blend. I can enhance the color of the brows by simply layering in a different shade if needed, to adjust the tone. There are always options.
After my Microblading and Touch-up Appointments, how long will my Microblading last?
For most clients the results of quality Microblading will last anywhere from 18-24 months. The pigment naturally exfoliates out of the skin over time causing the pigment to lighten.
What result can I expect after my Microblading and Touch-up treatments are complete?
You can expect to have beautiful, full looking brows with a perfect arch that are guaranteed to give you that “wow factor”. This long lasting treatment will naturally enhance the way you look. You will spend less time applying makeup to your brows.
Who is a good candidate for brow Microblading?
Anyone wishing to enhance their brows. Anyone who has shapeless, thin lifeless brows. Those who would like thicker and/or darker brows. Anyone needing an improvement in their brow arch. On the go types who want to spend less time putting makeup on their brows every day. Those who are missing a great deal of, or all of their brow hair.
Who should NOT have a Microblading treatment?
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Anyone who has a history of keloids.
- People who have circulatory and/or bleeding disorders
- Anyone who is taking blood thinners of any kind.
Does Microblading hurt?
A highly-effective, topical anaesthetic cream and gel are used for numbing before and during your microblading procedure. Pain threshold levels vary from person to person and every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable for the entirety of the procedure. Having this microblading performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure.
What factors will affect Microblading?
- Sun exposure: The sun will extremely soften the look of your tattoo, so sunblock should be used (once healed) to prolong your enhancement.
- Regeneration of skin cells: The longer the regeneration takes, the longer the pigment holds.
- The speed at which the skin absorbs the pigment: The slower the absorption, the longer the pigment will hold.
- Choice of colour: Some colours fade quicker than others, e.g. a blonde colour will fade quicker than a dark brown colour.
- Area of treatment: Enhancements to the face, for example, fade more quickly due to constant exposure.
- Bleeding during the procedure: Any bleeding during the tattooing procedure will reduce the amount of pigment absorption. Alcohol and certain medications act as blood-thinners and should not be taken prior to and following your appointment.
How to prepare for your Microblading appointment
If you have an ideal shape and colour in mind for combinations brows or microblading, bring a few reference photos with you to your appointment. You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, we can remove them.
If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure. We require our clients to avoid any blood-thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen.
Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume. If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
How will I look immediately after? What is the healing process?
Your microbladed brows will appear darker and more intense than expected for the first few days. This will gradually lighten during the complete healing process. Redness and swelling are minimal. You will receive aftercare instructions via email.
What should I do after the procedure?
You will receive aftercare instructions via email. It is highly beneficial to follow these instructions to ensure a comfortable healing process and to achieve the best results.
Is the studio and equipment safe?
Absolutely! My studio is a private, by appointment only space shared with a plastic surgeon – so it’s surgically clean. I wear a mask and gloves with all clients as do my clients. I also ask clients to wash their hands whilst in my studio. After each treatment everything is washed down with medical grade cleaning products and clients do not cross with any other clients during their visit.
How do I book an appointment?
Appointments can only be made via my online booking system.
Please note that a deposit $150 is required to schedule and secure your appointment. This is deducted from the total price.
What methods of payment do you accept?
I accept CASH, CREDIT and DEBIT payments.